httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Reaping of idle Apache child processes
Date Sat, 18 Nov 2000 16:35:59 GMT
rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> How does this interact with MPMs?  It seems to me that some MPMs don't
> even keep track of this information right now.  I have noticed some more
> duplicated code in the MPMs recently, so I'll probably try to rip some of
> it out.  Can we make this MPM agnostic?

I believe so... I think that anytime we have a sort of "executive"
process killing off other processes, we should keep track of
some minimum info to make a more informed choice of which to
kill off. It would be ideal to have some real qualitive data.
With prefork, it's easy. The others are less cut and dried, but
still doable.