httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Reaping of idle Apache child processes
Date Sat, 18 Nov 2000 15:18:47 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> On most platforms, we have the times info, on the others we can
> use some other metric like number of connections. The idea is
> to kind of be MaxRequestsPerChild aware, even when it's not
> active.

forgot to mention that this is when ExtendedStatus is available...
to make it universally useful, always counting requests would
be useful. Also, that would allow us for the parent process to
handle MaxRequestsPerChild during the reaping process, rather
then each child, which may make sense as well. At that point,
the focus would be on 2.0.