httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/modules/standard mod_cgi.c
Date Sat, 18 Nov 2000 23:15:30 GMT
On Sat, Nov 18, 2000 at 02:37:01PM -0800, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Nov 2000, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>
> > > apr_time_t is 64 bits
> > > apr_interval_time_t is (already!) 32 bits
> >
> > My bad... and thank you, you are right.
> >
> > > An interval time can go for 71 minutes, if my math is right.
> >
> > No, +/- 35 minutes :-)
>
> Just to make sure I understand this right, these need to be signed,
> because we allow for negative intervals, which mean "no timeout".  Do we
> want to have signed and unsigned values, or some other way to specify "no
> timeout"?

I believe that we do need negative intervals. Consider the times when you
might compute an interval, and it ends up negative.

btw, my math shows +/- 71 minutes. I think OtherBill assumed I meant only
positive 71 minutes, but I had already compensated for the sign :-)

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/