httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: htdocs?
Date Sat, 18 Nov 2000 19:59:47 GMT
On Sat, Nov 18, 2000 at 10:15:54AM -0600, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> [...]

cvs import is generally bogus. That isn't what we want.

What is wrong with checking out the htdocs tree into the Apache 2.0 tree?
That ought to work quite fine. I see no problem with htdocs.

Ryan? *What* problem are you seeing? You say "seriously broken". What does
that mean?

For example, I just checked out the htdocs tree into my Apache tree with the
following command:

$ cvs -d :ext:gstein@dev.apache.org:/home/cvs co -d htdocs httpd-docs-2.0/htdocs

Now, I can go into the htdocs directory and update from there. Or I can even
update from the root of my Apache 2.0 tree and it will recurse into htdocs
and grab files from the other repository.

What *doesn't* work is pulling a copy of Apache 2.0 and its docs from before
the split. To do that, I'd need to start with a fresh repository (where
htdocs isn't in the way and pointing elsewhere).

In any case... I don't see a problem. Ryan: please explain.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/