httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Reaping of idle Apache child processes
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2000 20:50:41 GMT
In both 1.3 and 2.0, when we kill off the idle child process
in perform_idle_server_maintenance(), we simply choose the
highest numbered idle process. I think it would make sense to
choose the highest numbered and highest cpu used idle process
(basically, the highest numbered and most "used" process).
Might be a good way of handling memory leaks as well as
possibly preventing some minor thrashing in killing a recently
created, under-used process.

Comments?