httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian Havard" <bri...@kheldar.apana.org.au>
Subject Re: architecture-specific directories
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 04:15:06 GMT
On Mon, 13 Nov 2000 12:41:44 -0800 (PST), rbb@covalent.net wrote:

>On 13 Nov 2000, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>
>> rbb@covalent.net writes:
>>
>> > Change:
>> >
>> > INCLUDES=-I$(INCDIR) -I$(INCDIR)/arch/@OSDIR@
>> >
>> > to:
>> >
>> > INCLUDES=-I$(INCDIR) -I$(INCDIR)/arch/@OSDIR@ -I $(INCDIR)/arch/unix
>> >

>> This patch fairly closely implements the first possibility you listed,
>> but it allows customizing the include order based on the platform.
>
>You really don't want to do this at the configure level.  This restricts
>the directory hierarchy to one per-platform, which is what we were trying
>to get away from.
>
>Think of it this way, it is possible for OS/2 to share code with both
>Windows and Unix, and which one comes first is on a per directory basis.
>
>This needs to be put into each Makefiles independantly.

I agree. I'm currently fixing up the OS/2 APR build & I think the cleanest
way to go is:

- Every Makefile.in contains at least
INCLUDES=-I$(INCDIR) -I$(INCDIR)/arch/@OSDIR@
-I$(INCDIR)/arch/@DEFAULT_OSDIR@

- all APR private includes look like #include "fileio.h", ie no leading
arch directory so no #ifdef'ing needed in shared .c files.

I think something very similar was suggested by someone else, in which case
I'm just agreeing :)