httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Implementing split() on pipe buckets?
Date Sun, 12 Nov 2000 16:54:18 GMT

--- "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> Speaking of which (uh oh, he's thinking and has coffee in hand :-)

:-]

> what do
> folks think of moving the buckets into APR?  I believe we have proved they
> aren't Apache specific entities.  If someone wants to make the case that
> they are useful to (and would be used by) other projects, I'd be +1 to see
> them in APR.

Of course, when all of this started and the initial bucket ideas were first
committed to the tree by Ryan and Greg, they *were* in APR.  I must have been absent
the day that they got moved over to Apache, though I know that there were people who
disliked the idea of them being in APR since they don't have portability issues to
address and disliked the idea of APR becoming a "kitchen sink of useful
functionality" or something along those lines.  So I'm sure that there was a good
reason that caused the move in the first place... maybe someone that wasn't out to
lunch that day/week can shed some more light on this?

--Cliff