httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Travis <jtra...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Configuration...
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2000 00:31:49 GMT
On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 11:20:40PM +0100, Sascha Schumann wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Nov 2000 rbb@covalent.net wrote:
>

> > Not being able to incorporate .a's into a module is also a pretty major
> > problem.  I know mod_snake needs this ability, and I'm pretty sure
> > mod_perl needs it to.  Plus, this is what we want to do with apr, so it
> > would be cool if that feature worked.
>
>     How about
>
>     -L. -libname
>
>     - Sascha

[ Hrmm .. this didn't show up when I posted before, so I'm trying again,
  sorry if dups show up. ]

Is this something magical, or are you linking with a lib called libibname?
Regardless, mod_snake needs the ability to incorporate all of the linked in
library into the new .so.  I.e. take the old-one, create a new archive
containing mod_snake objects as well as Python objects (from the Python lib).
Currently, I have not found any way with libtool to do this.

-- Jon