httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Configuration...
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2000 17:41:44 GMT
At ApacheCon one night, a group of us were sitting around, and
it became clear that there was a clear and consistant dislike
(OK, hatred) for libtool. If we can define the absolute *core*
of what we need for libtool, we should roll our own.

And I've always been of the mind that once we reach beta,
I'd like to implement a Configure wrapper for configure :)

David Reid wrote:

> OK, so this isn't important just yet, but being prepared is always a good
> thing :)
>
> How are we going to handle configuration for A2 once we go to beta?  I ask
> as at present for 1.3 we have a main configure script in the apache-1.3.x
> directory and this is what users know and use.  Do we do the same for the
> betas/releases of A2?  The present system is acceptable for developers but
> not for users and so will need improving...
>
> Whatever we decide to do, can I humbly suggest that we do it soon and roll
> another alpha with the new mechanism in place before we think about rolling
> a beta?  Users will be expecting a lot and we need to be careful to
> deliver...
>
> Just a few more random thoughts...
>
> david

                "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate??"