httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Finch <...@dotat.at>
Subject Re: ap_add_common_vars() clobbers existing values?
Date Sun, 05 Nov 2000 03:42:34 GMT
Adrian Hosey <ahosey@systhug.com> wrote:

>Those are good questions. It's a complicated setup - for a while we were
>using ServerName to the desired effect, but now we need each backend
>server to have a distinct ServerName in order to do some things with
>mod_auth_radius.

That sounds rather sordid.

>I have a hack to mod_cgi which copies the existing subprocess_env table
>and then overlaps the copy _again_ before exec'ing the CGI, effectively
>"unclobbering" the clobbered vars. But I'm not happy with this hack
>because (1) it's gross (b) I have to wonder if there's a _reason_ the
>designer of these ap_* functions gave precedence to the new vars, in which
>case my patch could potentially cause breakage.

Your patch won't cause breakage. I expect there isn't much reason for
the order of priority except to ensure that the CGI environment
variables are what they should be, with the assumption that there's no
reason to need to ovveride them because the server gets it right.

Tony.
--
en oeccget g mtcaa    f.a.n.finch
v spdlkishrhtewe y    dot@dotat.at