httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/test testsf.c
Date Sat, 04 Nov 2000 02:53:57 GMT

Well, you had just beaten me to finally getting around to making this change (once I
got my head out of whatever hole it was in and realized that changing it one way or
the other wasn't nearly as big a deal as I'd made it out to be before).  But...

--- Jeff Trawick <trawickj@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Rather than simply revert it, I'd say change everything to apr_size_t
> and deal with the consequences.  It doesn't make sense to simply back
> this out and be left with the strange inconsistency.

Agreed.  I had kind of wondered the same thing as Greg here, though... semantically
it seemed to me that an unsigned len was more along the intended lines.  But I
suppose that's somewhat arbitrary.  Might it be a better way to look at this that
the type used by apr_sendfile() should match the corresponding type used by
sendfile() (at least on most platforms)?  What would that be?

> I doubt that there is any one correct answer here (unless of course on
> a 32-bit machine we expect to pass 2+GB pieces of storage to an APR
> send/recv function).

=-)

--Cliff