httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main http_core.c
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2000 22:13:16 GMT
On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 03:04:40PM -0800, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> > Both of them should have the same semantic: toss the body.
> >
> > The ap_setup_client_block() can have the same value, whatever it needs to
> > be. Since they are simply tossing the darn body, it makes no difference.
> > Looking at the code: both can/should be REQUEST_CHUNKED_DECHUNK.
> >
> > [ we've had desires to toss the CHUNKED_PASS variant, so this will get rid
> >   of one other usage ]
>
> Unless I am remembering incorrectly, this is the only usage of
> REQUEST_CHUNKED_PASS, so it should officially go away now.  :-)

Yup. http_protocol.c has two tests for it, and http_protocol.c is the only
one that passes it.

ap_discard_request_body() should be updated to _DECHUNK and Sascha's new
function in http_core should be tossed. That will also deflate the logic to
just always calling ap_discard_request_body().

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/