httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main http_core.c
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2000 21:56:27 GMT
On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 10:22:20PM +0100, Sascha Schumann wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, Greg Stein wrote:
> > I don't understand two things with this patch:
> >
> > 1) why there is a new function to duplicate what discard does
> > 2) why it gets used on a POST instead of the standard discard
>
>     The difference basically boils down to this line:
>
> > >   +    if ((rv = ap_setup_client_block(r, REQUEST_CHUNKED_DECHUNK)))
>
>     ap_discard_request_body() uses REQUEST_CHUNKED_PASS which is
>     not what we need, if I understand the comments correctly.

Both of them should have the same semantic: toss the body.

The ap_setup_client_block() can have the same value, whatever it needs to
be. Since they are simply tossing the darn body, it makes no difference.
Looking at the code: both can/should be REQUEST_CHUNKED_DECHUNK.

[ we've had desires to toss the CHUNKED_PASS variant, so this will get rid
  of one other usage ]

Cheers,
-g

--