httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Mod_include design
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2000 19:18:24 GMT
On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 11:59:47AM -0800, rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> > But: it definitely depends on how bounded the size of a directive can be. I
> > mean, can a directive be 10k long? If it is bounded, say, to MAX_PATH + 200,
> > then we just put that buffer into the ctx and run with it.
>
> I wouldn't personally put it into the ctx, because this will all be done
> in a single call to the filter,

What do you mean? The directive can arrive over multiple (not single!) calls
to the filter. We can put a set-aside brigade into the context, or we can
alloc the buffer once and put it there (and copy stuff onto the end). It is
more efficient to copy from the brigade into the buffer, than to copy during
a set-aside, then copy again into a buffer.

> but yes if the directive length is
> bounded, we could copy.  Unfortunately, I don't think the length is
> bounded, so I think we need to be able to deal with partial tags in a
> bucket.

Well, we need to see the grammar to determine the bound. At a minimum, the
tags are bounded and I would guess certain arguments/tokens are bounded;
these can/should use a buffer to hold them during parsing.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/