httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main http_main.c
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2000 19:15:38 GMT
On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 06:51:10PM -0000, rbb@locus.apache.org wrote:
> rbb         00/11/02 10:51:10
>
>   Modified:    src      configure.in
>                src/include http_main.h
>                src/main http_main.c
>   Log:
>   Create a feature macro that determines if Autoconf was used to configure
>   the server.  The ap_ugly_hack variable is only valid if Autoconf was used
>   for the configuration.

Why are we going the full route with configure.in? Why isn't this just a
constant in one of the headers that autoconf generates? (and non-autoconf
systems like Windows just codes it differently)

The hack is bad enough, but to propagate it all the way out to configure.in
seems even worse.

Cheers,
-g

--