httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Victor J. Orlikowski" <v.j.orlikow...@gte.net>
Subject File modes....
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2000 18:45:22 GMT
Hello all,

      While playing with the logging patch, I found something that
didn't quite sit right. This may be a FAQ, but I'll ask it anyway.
Why would we ever go about creating a file with mode 0666 in the
server (especially a log file)?

These were the three lines that caught my attention...

main/http_main.c:2135:    scoreboard_fd = ap_popenf(p,
ap_scoreboard_fname, O_CREAT | O_BINARY | O_RDWR, 0666);

modules/proxy/proxy_cache.c:326:        if ((timefd = creat(filename,
0666)) == -1) {

support/rotatelogs.c:73:            nLogFD = open(buf2, O_WRONLY |
O_CREAT | O_APPEND, 0666);

I figure that there is a good reason for this, but I'm not seeing it.

Victor
--
Victor J. Orlikowski