httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: cvs indecision
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2000 21:03:30 GMT
From: "Greg Stein" <gstein@lyra.org>
To: <new-httpd@apache.org>

> Where would src/os/ go? I would suggest server/os/. Note that it continues
> to exist because we have os-specific functionality that lives in there (for
> example, Win32 service registration and handling). This is app-level
> functionality, rather than portability stuff, so it goes here rather than in
> APR.

nak.  Service registration and handling will all be in the mpm/winnt mpm tree.

Once we finish our job in apr there is -no- platform specific code remaining.
All that remains are the canon name functions I'm working on and hope to wrap
asap.

Sure, there are platform specific module (isapi) but these don't necessarily
belong in the plat tree.

My only q is what to do with ap_os_create_privileged_process ???