httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Mike Haines" <mikehai...@earthlink.net>
Subject Apache Performance Problem
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2000 23:40:53 GMT
apache version 1.3.4

We have a E3500 Sun solaris server with 8 processors 8 Gig Ram. When traffic
is high and the CPU traffic creaps up, (40% idle) but I/O wait is 0% to 10%
the HTML serving from the file system is very slow.
Now, we also have https apache on the box and calling the same page from it
is fast. The server processes 80% CGI and 20% html. I was looking at moving
to Apache 2.0 but am not sure it will help as I suspect a configuration
problem here. We have 100 max procs and 20 minimum. I don't think this is it
because we have a 50 max clients and it does not max out. Also, it connects
quickly to the socket, but serves the page slowly.

Mike Haines
mhaines@seqtek.com