httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "jlwpc1" <jlw...@mail.earthlink.net>
Subject Win32 Path/URL info
Date Sun, 05 Nov 2000 18:03:57 GMT
From: "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net>

> Let's try to get some serious code sharing together
> for the canonical parsing for Apache 2.0, write it from scratch, and
> come to agreement about how it aught to do what we agree it should.

Not _sure_ what you are really after but have you looked at the Win32 OS PathXXX and URLXXX
functions?

Why can't you use the OS Shell Functions :

Shell Lightweight Utility APIs

Version 4.71 and later of Shlwapi.dll
Windows NT/2000: Requires Windows 2000 (or Windows NT 4.0 with Internet Explorer 4.0 or later).

Windows 95/98: Requires Windows 98 (or Windows 95 with Internet Explorer 4.0 or later).
Header: Declared in shlwapi.h.
Import Library: shlwapi.lib.

There are Path Functions already written:
 PathAddBackslash  PathAddExtension  PathAppend  PathBuildRoot
 PathCanonicalize  PathCombine  PathCommonPrefix  PathCompactPath
 PathCompactPathEx  PathCreateFromUrl  PathFileExists  PathFindExtension
 PathFindFileName  PathFindNextComponent  PathFindOnPath
 PathFindSuffixArray  PathGetArgs  PathGetCharType  PathGetDriveNumber
 PathIsContentType  PathIsDirectory  PathIsDirectoryEmpy  PathIsFileSpec
 PathIsHTMLFile  PathIsLFNFileSpec  PathIsNetworkPath  PathIsPrefix
 PathIsRelative  PathIsRoot  PathIsSameRoot  PathIsSystemFolder
 PathIsUNC  PathIsUNCServer  PathIsUNCServerShare  PathIsURL
 PathMakePretty  PathMakeSystemFolder  PathMatchSpec
 PathParseIconLocation  PathQuoteSpaces  PathRelativePathTo
 PathRemoveArgs  PathRemoveBackslash  PathRemoveBlanks
 PathRemoveExtension  PathRemoveFileSpec  PathRenameExtension
 PathSearchAndQualify  PathSetDlgItemPath  PathSkipRoot  PathStripPath
 PathStripToRoot  PathUndecorate  PathUnExpandEnvStrings
 PathUnmakeSystemFolder  PathUnquoteSpaces  SHSkipJunction
 UrlApplyScheme  UrlCanonicalize  UrlCombine  UrlCompare
 UrlCreateFromPath  UrlEscape  UrlEscapeSpaces  UrlGetLocation
 UrlGetPart  UrlHash  UrlIs  UrlIsFileUrl  UrlIsNoHistory  UrlIsOpaque
 UrlUnescape  UrlUnescapeInPlace

Also be sure to look at the OS Shell String Functions :
 ChrCmpI  IntlStrEqN  IntlStrEqNI  IntlStrEqWorker  MLLoadLibrary
 SHStrDup  StrCat  StrCatBuff  StrChr  StrChrI  StrCmp  StrCmpI
 StrCmpN  StrCmpNI  StrCpy  StrCpyN  StrCSpn  StrCSpnI  StrDup
 StrFormatByteSize  StrFormatByteSize64  StrFormatKBSize
 StrFromTimeInterval  StrIsIntlEqual  StrNCat  StrPBrk  StrRChr  StrRChrI
 StrRetToBuf  StrRetToStr  StrRStrI  StrSpn  StrStr  StrStrI  StrToInt
 StrToIntEx  StrToInt64Ex  StrTrim  wnsprintf  wvnsprintf

All the above are Win32 OS functions - not C Run Time!

JLW