httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject FW: os-windows/6787: I've specified ServerName in httpd.conf and I can't use the name in none of my browsers
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2000 16:03:50 GMT
Folks,

  does anyone have an extra 1/2 hour of their life to add DNS validation
parsing to the ServerName argument, so we return an intellegent message
before we start the server and fail to fill requests to bad DNS names?
I don't have my fingers over there right now, and this may become a more
common error report in the future that Joshua, Tony and I don't want to
keep debugging/answering.  I've added a showstopper on it, since that DNS
hostname patch added more work for the group than it has eliminated.

Bill