httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject 1.3.15 win32 issue: resolution to follow ASAP
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 23:21:28 GMT
Ok,

  The folks complaining about Win9x aren't hallucinating (well,
maybe they are, but it has nothing to do with their Apache issue.)

  There is some interaction in CreateProcess lauched _from the child
process only_.  That is, running as a single process (-X) the problem
never surfaces.  When lauched from the child, any command.com scripts
fall into deep space, and some .exe authors (esp VB) are reporting
strange side effects.

  Digging deeper... some script interpreters on win32 are expecting
backslash-delimited paths ... I have a patch to correct this issue.
But mod_cgi@333 does an ap_chdir_file but it was ifndef'ed out of win32,
can anyone tell me why?

  Also, ap_call_exec is horribly different between the mod_include and
mod_cgi, only the mod_cgi looks far more accurate, and that mod_include
just hasn't kept up.  I'd attack this, but first, any thoughts?

Bill