httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject RE: Beta? or Alpha 8?
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2000 21:16:38 GMT
Both.

  Nobody is running this server as it is defined now.  The directory
walk modifications should be done very shortly, I have another 20 some
hours of untangling to go.  BUFF will be gone.  And filtering took
many radical turns since the past alpha.  But I don't see very large
scale API changes after that point.

  I'd suggest your date of the 17th for the final Alpha 8, if everyone
accepts the API.  Then on to the first Beta before December 1st (early
that week if we aren't slaughtered by trouble reports, late that week
if we are fixing more code than we expect.)  Any which way, November
beta sets up an early 2001 release 2.0 date :-)

  It goes without saying that APR moves immediately after Alpha 8, to
give us two weeks to get the new cvs tree/build right.  I'd suggest the
APR beta to be released along with the Apache beta.

Bill