httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject RE: 1.3.15
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2000 02:03:40 GMT

Netware folks - please review -now- since some things affect you and
your patches are committed, including accepting relative or absolute
directive path arguments and properly concatinating to the server root.

I say give everyone a good 96 hours this time around after we roll the
tarball, just so we can further avoid some of the headaches of this last
release.  I'll create a .zip-ball of the sources with crlf line endings
(sans binaries - all platforms) once the tree is tagged.

I'm not seeing Win98 exec issues at this point.  I have a bit more to
test for 98.  I expect the real issues lie in Win95, and won't be into
that flow until Saturday, when I tear down a partition and restore a
Win95 tape (and get back to 5 installed os's).  If it doesn't happen,
enough other bigger issues are resolved to call for this release.

I'd suggest tag and roll next Thursday, binaries to release on Monday.
That provides prime time and weekend time to get it all right, for
both kinds of users.  That gives folks less than 7 days to get any last
fixes of bugs only into the code.

If we are good for this, let's freeze the tree on Monday except for
absolutely critical fixes.  This assumes the byteranging bug is fixed
by Monday as well (some of you have clues, I presume.)