httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject RE: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/i18n/win32/iconv/ces - New directory
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2000 15:02:39 GMT

Actually it was discussed, I believe on the list.

> not every Unix platform has iconv() (e.g., the FreeBSD box I have at
> home)...  I would have thought we would put this somewhere for all
> platforms to use as appropriate

I was thinking of puting it under it's own tree, or under unix (as it
should stay generic), but the only one commenting was Ryan, who rightly
observed that mm is imported under shmem/unix, since that's a unix thing.

The reason I even imported it (and ryan, hold off a little bit on moving
the repository) was that we are about to blast apr.  This is the time
to rearrange, before we set up the apr tree.

I'm all ears :-)

> perhaps not a problem and/or you've already thought of this...

No thought whatsoever, except that the worst offender in the win32
game (iconv/lib/iconv_module.c) will become iconv_dll.c, just for
really good measure (the path seperator changes, etc...)

I'm actually thinking of porting to generic apr, but that means we
statically link -into- the apr, since I hate mututal dependencies.