httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main http_protocol.c
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2000 11:54:42 GMT
Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org> writes:

> On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 05:26:50PM -0000, rbb@locus.apache.org wrote:
> > rbb         00/10/17 10:26:48
> >
> >   Modified:    src/main http_protocol.c
> >   Log:
> >   Remove an incorrect comment.  Bucket brigades are allocated out of pools,
> >   if we drop one on the floor, it will get cleaned up when we clean the pool.
>
> It won't "leak", but we want to get rid of the thing proactively, don't we?

I guess my original comment was not quite accurate; I realized that it
would go poof with the appropriate pool, but I wasn't uncomfortable
with the unbounded growth over the life of a connection.

At any rate, with a commit I made yesterday, http_filter() uses
exactly one brigade per connection in which to hold left-over stuff.
This fixed a pool problem as well as this growth.
          Born in Roswell... married an alien...