httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src CHANGES
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2000 15:57:47 GMT
rbb@covalent.net writes:

> > trawick     00/10/28 08:17:42
> >   Log:
> >   initial commit of mod_ext_filter code and documentation
>
> When did we decide this module was going to be part of the core?  We all
> have modules that we would like to get into the core code, but that
> doesn't mean they get in.  I haven't reviewed this module yet, but it
> really seems like an add-on based on the previous mentions of it.  I am
> personally -1 for including it with the core server.

Okay, maybe I'm bad (but this *is* commit-then-review; it can always
be backed out)...

If you haven't reviewed the module yet, why are you vetoing it?  Take
a look at it first.  Of course *I* think it is valuable addition and
that by making filtering trivial to implement it will open up more
minds to what can be done, which will hopefully result in more filters
being written (hopefully which don't all run out-of-process) :)

Does anybody else care either way?

          Born in Roswell... married an alien...