httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main http_core.c
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2000 11:10:30 GMT
Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org> writes:

> I'm a little confused here...
>
> *why* is runtime state being placed into the config structures? That makes
> zero sense. What am I missing?

I don't think you're missing anything...  It seems that the filter
lists and ap_get_client_block()'s brigade need to be in
r->request_config instead of r->per_dir_config.

I was confused that Ryan wanted the brigade used by
ap_get_client_block() in core_dir_config. I double checked with
somebody else and they said that there was a core_dir_config per
request.  But last night I was playing some more with this and I don't
see create_core_dir_config called per request.  I need to understand
this stuff a bit more before I "fix" it.

          Born in Roswell... married an alien...