httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: POST handlers
Date Sat, 28 Oct 2000 00:43:17 GMT
Sascha Schumann <sascha@schumann.cx> writes:

> On Fri, 27 Oct 2000 rbb@covalent.net wrote:
>

> > > PHP needs to be a handler and not a pure filter, which is what using
> > > ap_*_client_block() sort of implies. If the PHP filter/handler gets control,
> > > the default handler should never see the request.
> >
> > PHP may want to have a handler as well as a filter, but it should also
> > have a filter portion.  The handler should only be used for POST and PUT
> > requests.  Regular GET requests should be handled through the filter.
>
>     Would you accept a patch which allows arbitrary filters
>     to access POST data through the default handler?

Please help me understand the point of this...

What piece of code would be the consumer of the posted data?  After
these arbitrary filters process the posted data, what happens to it?

Normally, I would expect that the consumer provides a handler.  The
default handler doesn't know what to do with posted data (AFAIK).
There is no protocol for the default handler to provide the posted
data to a module (AFAIK).

Thanks,
          Born in Roswell... married an alien...