httpd-dev mailing list archives

From TOKI...@aol.com
Subject Re: 1.3.15
Date Sun, 22 Oct 2000 11:11:36 GMT

In a message dated 00-10-22 09:57:10 EDT, Tony writes...

> I need to do a 1.3 release to fix the problems with mod_rewrite. Is
> there anything else that should go in? Wrowe wants to resolve some
> exec problems with Win98. There's also the new NetWare patch which
> needs to be examined closely -- if any NetWare people could look at it
> now, before we get to release time that would be good.
>
>  Tony.

How about the following...

1. Enhanced ApacheBench that is now HTTP 1.1 compliant and
can both receive/decode Content-Encoding and handle Chunked
transfers ( finally ). You have the complete source in your
message archive. You won't even be able to test filtering
and/or chunked output for the 2.0 Alphas/Betas without it.

2. mod_gzip. It works. You also have the full source code.
Apache 1.3.x will never have filtering so this is the only chance
for the stable series to ever compress data on the fly.

3. A lot of the speed improvements that have been submitted
lately. I've applied all of them here and they work just fine.
They really do help the performance of Apache ( Both 1.3.x and 2.0 ).

Yours...
Kevin Kiley
CTO, Remote Communications, Inc.
http://www.RemoteCommunications.com/