httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: Splitting APR from Apache.
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2000 20:35:39 GMT

> b) create a new module in the httpd repository:
>
> /home/cvs/httpd-apr

I would prefer that this is /home/cvs/aprlib.  APR is no longer tied to
the web server, and since there are other projects using it, we should
make it clear that there is nothing http specific about it.

> and grant commit privs to....?

Me, Jeff Trawick, David Reid, Will Rowe, Greg Stein, and any other httpd
member who wants it.  I wish it was easier for one of us to give commit
access to other people, because then we wouldn't be bothering you as
people said they wanted apr access.  Ah.... Can anybody who wants
immediate commit access respond here please?  I would say give it to all
of the httpd committers, but I am concerned about having too many
committers thinking it terms of httpd, and not enough thinking about
subversion.

> c) should I just leave that CVS module blank, or should I move the
> contents of /home/cvs/apache-2.0/src/lib/apr to it, so we have history?
> Maybe a fresh import and moving /home/cvs/apache-2.0/src/lib/apr's files
> to the Attic would be the best thing, so that we don't break the ability
> to check out an old and complete copy of the apache-2.0 tree.

Leave it blank for now.  We want to move the discussion to the correct
mailing list, ad Will wants to finish the canonical filename work before
we actually move the code.  When it comes time to move it, somebody in the
httpd group will take care of the actual move, once we figure out how we
want to do it.

> d) create an "apr" category in gnats.

Yes.

> Meta-question: do we just want to call it "apr", or use the more wordy
> but clearer "aprlib"?

aprlib.

Ryan
406 29th St.