httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: Request Body Filters..
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2000 12:33:29 GMT
On Sun, 29 Oct 2000, Sascha Schumann wrote:

>     ..are different from input filters since they operate on
>     chunks of the request body, and not on the complete input
>     data.
>
>     Request Body Filters could form the base for a couple of
>     really cool filters:
>
>     -   check file uploads for viruses
>     -   chain arbitrary numbers of high-level scripting languages
>     -   implement server-wide upload limitations for DoS
>         protection
>
>     The attached patch supercedes my previous ap_get_req_body
>     patch.
>
>     Comments?

This is exactly what request-level input filters are designed for.  There
is no reason to separate the filter types more, because a connection based
input filter sees both headers and body data, but a request based filter
sees only body data, especially if it is after the chunking filter.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131