httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sascha Schumann <sas...@schumann.cx>
Subject Re: POST handlers
Date Sat, 28 Oct 2000 07:51:41 GMT
> What piece of code would be the consumer of the posted data?

    Filters of mod_snake, mod_perl, PHP.

> After these arbitrary filters process the posted data, what
> happens to it?

    It gets thrown away when the request finishes.

> Normally, I would expect that the consumer provides a handler.  The
> default handler doesn't know what to do with posted data (AFAIK).

    That is a non-issue. The default handler does not need to
    know anything about the data it passes to the consumer.

> There is no protocol for the default handler to provide the posted
> data to a module (AFAIK).

    I don't see any particular reason why we would be unable to
    come up with a new protocol (which might translate to one
    function call in this case).

    - Sascha