httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sascha Schumann <sas...@schumann.cx>
Subject Re: POST handlers
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2000 16:14:15 GMT
On Fri, 27 Oct 2000, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:

> > /*
> >  * Default handler for MIME types without other handlers.  Only GET
> >  * and OPTIONS at this point... anyone who wants to write a generic
> >  * handler for PUT or POST is free to do so, but it seems unwise to provide
> >  * any defaults yet... So, for now, we assume that this will always be
> >  * the last handler called and return 405 or 501.
> >  */
> >
> >     is it right that in order to read POST data, PHP would need
> >     to install its own handler for doing so? Or is there any
> >     other way to let the PHP filter access the POST data of a
> >     request?
>
> As far as I am concerned the ap_setup_client_block(),
> ap_should_client_block() and ap_get_client_block() should work in
> Apache-2.0 the same way it did in 1.3.

    The problem is that the default handler as said before does
    NOT handle POST requests. So, whatever we could do later down
    the road, unless we install a custom handler, the result will
    be a 405 response.

    The default_handler currently does this:

    if (r->method_number != M_GET) {
        return HTTP_METHOD_NOT_ALLOWED;
    }

    Any ideas?