httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main http_protocol.c
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2000 03:07:33 GMT
On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Greg Stein wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 05:26:50PM -0000, rbb@locus.apache.org wrote:
> > rbb         00/10/17 10:26:48
> >
> >   Modified:    src/main http_protocol.c
> >   Log:
> >   Remove an incorrect comment.  Bucket brigades are allocated out of pools,
> >   if we drop one on the floor, it will get cleaned up when we clean the pool.
>
> It won't "leak", but we want to get rid of the thing proactively, don't we?

Why?  It's a very small structure, and it doesn't hurt us to let it sit
for a while.  When we did the CONCAT, we emptied the brigade, so all we do
is waste cycles by removing it, because there are definately no buckets in
it any more.  All we would end up doing at this point, is calling two
functions and returning APR_SUCCESS.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131