httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: Building and Linking 3rd Party Modules within Apache 2.0 Source Tree
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2000 22:02:45 GMT

The only way to do this currently, is to create a config.m4 file and put
your module under the modules directory.  Apache will automatically detect
the config.m4 and it will allow you to add the module with the standard
--enable-module_name arguments.  The config.m4 file should look like the
one in modules/proxy.

I haven't been able to find a way to get autoconf to do this
automatically, but I haven't looked for a while.

Ryan

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Ovies Brabson wrote:

> How does one cause Apache 2.0 to build and statically link in a 3rd
> party module that is made up of multiple files and for which a make file
> exists already?  In Apache 1.3, I used to be able to use the
> --activate-module option of the configure script.  The --with-module
> option of the current configure script does not seem to be what I'm
> looking for.

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131