httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main http_protocol.c
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2000 15:47:52 GMT

> No sir.  It was just excessive bookkeeping.

Okay cool.  Like I said, that was my only concern, and I was just trying
to express it, didn't mean to start a holy war about taking code away.  I
like taking code away, I just wanted to make sure we still had everything
we needed.

> Shouldn't need to change blocking.  Sorry for the premature brain fart.
>
> >      read the
> > next header, and store it off to the side if we aren't going to fold.
>
> That actually will work pretty well.  I was concerned at first that we
> might suck up body accidentally, but the loop iteration tests have
> enough smarts to know when we're at end-of-headers.
>
> > The
> > only place to save it is the conn_config in the conn_rec.
>
> Why not core config in the r?  The excess header *has* to be part of
> this request, or we broke something.  Actually it could share the stash
> that get_client_block uses, as a union perhaps, since we're either in
> header mode, body mode, or broke mode.  But I'm not religious about this
> kind of thing.

The problem is that getline doesn't actually have access to the
request_rec.  Of course, everyplace we call getline, we do have a
request_rec, so that is a simple matter of changing the params.  Once we
do that, I agree 100% that they should share the same save-aside
location.  I am leaning towards the request_config structure (doesn't
currently exist in the core) although I know Greg is leaning towards
putting it in the request_rec directly.  I don't know where Jeff is
leaning.  The only thing I do know is I think we all agree the
core_dir_config is wrong, and it's my fault its there, so I'll take
responsability for that.

> > Does that make any sense?
>
> Yessir.  Except for the blocking, and that's my fault.
>
> I'll start on this after lunch (usual disclaimer: unless someone else
> gets there first), using the core config in the r.  Holler soon if you
> have a concern.

The only concern is the core_dir_config.  I say use it until we settle the
matter for ap_get_client_block,  and then we'll change them both at the
same time.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131