httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main http_protocol.c
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2000 03:09:21 GMT

> The _only_ thing that is stopping me from fixing folding is that we
> don't have a bucket brigade equivalent to ap_blookc() AFAIK.  If a
> bucket expert will provide such a function, I will be more than happy to
> fix folding.  I believe the blookc equivalent needs to be non-blocking.
>
> With that in mind, do you still have a concern with my code?  IMO it is
> pretty basic stuff.  I got pretty confused trying to figure out what all
> those variables did while debugging telnet, and I honestly feel what I
> committed is easier to understand.

It is easier to understand, I'm just concerned that a lot of that code was
there to help with folding, and now its not there.  :-)

As far as folding goes, the way I was thinking about this was that we
could finally implement the blocking argument for socket buckets, read the
next header, and store it off to the side if we aren't going to fold.  The
only place to save it is the conn_config in the conn_rec.  If we see /r/n
as the line, then obviously we stop trying to fold.  :-)

Does that make any sense?

I may implement the block argument for the socket filter as soon as I wrte
the pool bucket.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131