httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: offer to help
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2000 00:06:45 GMT

Thanks for the offer. This is a meritocrosy, so the best way to help is
to jump in and start fixing things.  I suggest reviewing the stuff at
dev.apache.org about how to contribute, and then start to post patches.  A
word of advice, patches that are sent to new-httpd@apache.org tend to be
looked at sooner than patches sent to the bug database.

Welcome to the list, and I look forward to your patches.

Ryan

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000 mlong@InfoAve.Net wrote:

> Hey Guys,
>
> I just wanted to offer my skills in helping out (within my limits).  I've
> already submitted some patches for Tru64 (thanks in part to Dean Gaudet
> helping me get up to speed with the slack code).
>
> I noticed you have like 1300 open bugs.  You have one list of developers
> at http://www.apache.org/contributors/ and another at
> http://dev.apache.org/platforms.html and your "to do" list at
> dev.apache.org was lasted updated in 1998. There are dozens of "doc bugs"
> that could be fixed in one night with a web editor and access to the
> readme files. I am thinking maybe you guys are a bit busy and could use
> some help?

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131