httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main http_protocol.c
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2000 02:01:36 GMT

> I figured on APR_EOF meaing "end of socket" at the connection level. And
> meaning "end of request" at the request level.
>
> As I mentioned in my original note, if we want to distinguish these two
> events differently... no problem. But I was trying to describe the point
> above: the notion of EOS.

Cool.  I can do that either tonight or tomorrow morning.  We agree here,
so unless somebody disagrees, there is no need to continue discussing it.

> Lastly, I had a quick thought about how to handle requests:
>
> Step 1: connection arrives, attach core_input_filter and http_filter
1a)  create request_rec
> Step 2: read headers
> Step 3: add request filters: chunking, gunzip, etc
> Step 4: begin request processing
4a)  destroy request_rec
4b)  loop to 1a for keepalives.

That's exactly how it's currently happening, with one change (but
it's obvious).  :-)  I figure you ignored those steps because they are
dealing with connections not requests, but I wanted to add them for
completeness.

Expect a patch early tomorrow.  I want to replace the bucket functions
with a table first, because that change requires a layer of indirection in
all bucket calls.  The sooner we do that, the less mods later.  :-)

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131