httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main http_protocol.c
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2000 05:08:29 GMT

> > +    if (!r->connection->input_data) {
> > +        /* XXX used only by ap_get_client_block(), lifetime is request;
> > +         * move from c to r and fix the pool
> > +         */
> > +        r->connection->input_data = ap_brigade_create(r->connection->pool);
> > +    }
>
> I stopped using r->connection->input_data, because it isn't this filter's
> to use.  In fact, this can actually go away now.  The whole point of this
> brigade, was to give the core filter a place to store information.  It is
> incorrect for any filter to have access to a brigade in the conn_rec.

Another thing I should clear up here.  ap_get_client_block doesn't need to
store it's data in a private bucket_brigade.  It should ALWAYS return
whatever data it can to the caller, because that is the way modules expect
it to work.

Sorry about all the follow-up messages.  I read the patch, and made the
comments that I saw, then as I read my messages, new points kept coming up
that I realized should probably actually be said out loud.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131