httpd-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main http_protocol.c
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2000 04:30:59 GMT
On Wed, 11 Oct 2000 wrote:

> > Don't you want to hold onto remaining buckets between invocations?
> > Here is the set of changes I was soon to commit to get POSTs working
> > again :)
> No, there is no reason to keep c->remaining intact between
> invocations.  The whole point of c->remaining is to say "grab no more than
> this much data from the bucket brigade and return it to me."  Once we have
> returned that much data, the remaining field is invalid.

Oh, if we didn't return that much data, the http_filter really shouldn't
know or care about that.  It is up to ap_get_client_block to inform
http_filter how much data it wants next time.  The reason for this, is
that ap_get_client_block doesn't just use the content-length to determine
how much to grab, it also uses the size of the buffer passed into the

Ryan Bloom
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

View raw message