httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main http_protocol.c
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2000 17:16:58 GMT

>                AP_BRIGADE_CONCAT(b, ctx->b);
>   -            ctx->b = NULL;
>   +            ctx->b = NULL; /* XXX we just leaked a brigade structure */

My initial thought was huh?  But, you're right.  We didn't leak any
buckets, just the brigade.  Hmmmmm........  should BRIGADE_CONCAT be
destroying the brigade or should this code do the destruction for
us?  BTW, I believe (without looking at the code recently), that we leak a
brigade structure in core_output_filter for the same general reason.

>   -        len_read = len_to_read;
>            rv = b->read(b, &tempbuf, &len_read, 0);
>            if (len_to_read < b->length) {
>                b->split(b, len_to_read);

I always forget that the bucket read functions don't respect the length
parameter at all.  It's a habit to set it.  There is almost a part of me
that would like to actually respect that parameter, because it makes sense
to allow people to control how much data they get back.  :-)

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131