httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject RE: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/support htpasswd.c
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2000 18:18:02 GMT
On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Thanks...  I'm trying to avoid legit use of errno/old values.
> That slipped by.
>
> I have a simple question, what the *heck* is it doig in lib/apr!?!
>
> I'd veto that placement instantly - if you want to maintain a
> library with it's official distro, it belongs rooted straight
> out of lib/
>
> I'm not against Ralf's mm - just where it was put.

But it's not an Apache lib, it's an APR lib.  And, it's only used on Unix
machines.  Putting it under lib makes sense if Apache were ever going to
use it directly, it's not.  MM is not portable to non-Unix platforms.

We could put it in apr/lib, but that was historically used for other
things, and the shmem/unix position made the most sense when I added it.

Ryan

> Bill

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131