httpd-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main http_connection.c http_core.c http_protocol.c http_request.c util_filter.c
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2000 20:20:01 GMT
On 5 Oct 2000, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> writes:
> > A new input content filter cannot be added between the call to
> > ap_get_brigade and the time that it returns.
> Where do you see this happening in what I was talking about earlier?

The problem is that your patch makes the two filter types look similar,
even though they aren't.  The other problem is that what you want to do
won't currently work.  It just won't work yet.  It is technically
possible, but it requires a new filter to be written and added in all
cases.  But, that filter only makes sense for HTTP requests.  I will try
to make that all work, after I have finished with ap_get_client_block.

The biggest thing I am against from your patch though, is that it makes
input and output filters look alike even though they are very different.

Ryan Bloom
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

View raw message