httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: FW: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main http_core.c http_protocol.c http_request.c
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2000 22:49:06 GMT

> > Beyond that, I don't know why this GET isn't working and why you don't
> > see response headers.  Maybe the request string got clobbered and Apache
> > is defaulting to HTTP 0.9.
>
> When using netcat or any other similar tool which can send in a newline
> which isn't preceded by a CR, the request line returned by getline() is
> null.  Looks like a bunch of the functionality of ap_bgets() wasn't picked
> up by the recent input filtering change.  I have a patch which gets netcat &
> such closer to working which I will post.  It's still not right, so I won't
> commit it, but it gets you farther.

That is very likely.  I looked pretty hard for where we folded a CRLF to
just LF, but I couldn't find it.  I had planned to write a simple filter
to do that, but I forgot.  Please post your patch, I would like to take a
quick look at it.  I really think the cleanest solution is a very simple
very small filter that does the folding for us, but I could be wrong.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131