httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main http_core.c http_protocol.c
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2000 22:32:26 GMT

> > > If you're already going to have to copy, why not coalesce at the
> > same
> > > time?
> >
> >We take care of this by using the setaside function.  The reason not
> >to coalesce, is that we don't know if we want to or not.  Imaging a
> >brigade that looks like:
>
> But the setaside function has to copy the data.  If you're already
> going to copy it, why copy it here and then coalesce it in the core,
> copying it again?

You're correct.  I had forgotten that ap_r* always used transient
buckets.  Of course, if we are going to copy it anyway, then we shouldn't
use transient buckets, we should create one big bucket to begin
with.  This is also more proof that all of the standard modules need to be
re-written.

Sorry about the argueing.  I was missing the transient bucket piece of the
puzzle.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131