httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/ap ap_buckets.c
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2000 17:46:03 GMT
On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Bill Stoddard wrote:

> > I kind of dislike this.  It is non-orthogonal to what the bucket split
> > functions do.  I would rather see the ap_split_brigade function always
> > return two brigades.  Either may be an empty brigade, but there will
> > always be two valid brigades.
> >
> > Ryan
>
> The chunk filter checks for more == NULL. I suppose we could check for
> AP_BRIGADE_EMPTY. Is that what you are suggesting? What would this buy us (other
> than overhead to create an empty brigade)?

Yes, this is what I am suggesting.  This buys us a common interface
between buckets and bucket_brigades.  Which means a simpler interface for
programmers to learn.

As for the cost of creating an empty brigade, that cost is minimal, and
can be avoided by checking to ensure there is more in the brigade before
calling split.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131