httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: input filtering.
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2000 17:43:34 GMT
On 2 Oct 2000, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> rbb@covalent.net writes:
>
> > I just want to issue a quick heads up.  I have input filtering working in
> > smae cases.  I should have a patch committed either today or later this
> > week.  Basically, the current problem is that it only works inside a
> > debugger.
>
> AFAICT, there is no input filtering at all now.  We just use a bucket
> brigade API to read data from the network and on ASCII machines we are
> able to pick out the header.  Bad stuff happens when we try to grab a
> request body.  (We try to read it from BUFF, which has no data now.)

One thing at a time.  With this change, we get input filtering for the
request itself.  Yes, request bodies have not yet been modified.  I will
hopefully get to that today or tomorrow.  Getting just the request headers
was a big enough challenge.

> In order to have input filtering, we need to change the way
> ap_get_client_block() is implemented.  It will need to get a bucket
> brigade which has passed through the input filters.  It needs to lose
> the notion that it knows where the body ends; that knowledge has to be
> pushed down below the first content filter so that some sentinel (eos)
> can pass through the content filters at the proper time.

This will use the same basic design that the current input filtering
does.  I am working on this as well, but it is likely to take a
while.  The way this will actually work, is to check the c->input_data
brigade first to ensure that there isn't more data sitting there.  If
there isn't, then we call all the way through the filters.  There doesn't
need to be an eos, because the core_input_filter will never know when it
has received everything, that will be up to the http server.  I am
working on this part of things now, and hope to have working code for
request bodies very soon.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131