httpd-dev mailing list archives

From James Sutherland <ja...@cam.ac.uk>
Subject Re: apache wins big brother award
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2000 08:20:25 GMT
On Sun, 29 Oct 2000, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 28, 2000 at 10:20:24PM -0400, Jim Winstead wrote:
> > for logging the ip address of requests by default and generally
> > making it too easy to log things that would compromise people's
> > privacy. (but i'm relying on babelfish.altavista.com.)
> >
> > http://www.bigbrotheraward.de/2000/.misc/.scene/index.html
>
> I have no clue who these guys are. But, one good way to grab
> attention for your site is to troll.
>
> - Manoj
> my privacy is being violated, because my ISP knows my IP address.

It's worse than that - you realise some ISPs actually know your billing
information as well? :-)

Having said that, one outfit which DOES deserve a nomination here is
Web2010.com: I registered a domain through them a while ago, and the whois
information for the domain contains my home address and 'phone number.
Maybe I should just consider myself lucky they didn't include my CC number
as well...

James.