httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Fielding, Roy" <field...@eBuilt.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main http_protocol.c
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2000 00:37:08 GMT
What Greg said.  The input stream is read until EOS by everyone
except the transfer protocol filter, which absolutely must know
about message frame boundaries and either be able to "unread"
(what I did in Onions) or simply loop through the requests
(as we did for 1.x via the BUFF).

It wouldn't surprise me at all if there was only one filter that
did both HTTP framing and unchunking.  There is no clean separation
in HTTP due to the legacy issues, so it isn't always possible for
us to have clean, single-purpose filters.

....Roy